"Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature." ~St. Augustine

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

11 Questions Part 2

Yesterday I posted the first part of the 11 Questions meme.  Here is part II in which I answer Shasta's questions for me!  She had some great questions!  Here you go...


1. What products do you have in your shower? 
 I have 3 conditioners (one is empty), 1 shampoo, 3 bottles of body soap (1 is empty), 2 pumice stones (never use either one), razor, and a squeegee for shower door (never use it)
It sounds like I should clean out my shower.

2. What one frivolous (not essential to survival) thing would you want with you on a desert island?
A soft fluffy pillow.  Nights would be hell just laying on the sand.

3. What's your favorite throw-together meal?  
This is bad, but my throw together meal is actually calling in an order of fish tacos and queso dip to Baja Fresh and sending my husband out to get it.

4. If you could only visit one restaurant for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Baja Fresh...No - just kidding!  I really don't have a "go to" type of restaurant that I LOVE.  I would have to say The Office which is a restaurant on the beach in Mexico.  I wouldn't choose it for the food, more for the atmosphere - right on the beach, steps from the ocean, feet in the sand.  Aaaahhhh!

5. What color is your favorite pair of shoes?
I am not really a big shoe person.  I would love to say something cool and funky here, but my favorite pair of shoes are probably my black slippers.  I know, boring.

6. Dogs or cats? (Or, "other"?)  
We own a cat.  He's cool.  I have always been more of a dog person.  But I don't plan on owning one until the boys drive me crazy with the request.  (which I am sure will happen in a few years - they LOVE dogs!)

7. Describe a moment, however brief, in the past week when you felt joyful. 
Hmmm...this has been a very hard week, but I actually have many joyful moments to choose from.  The other day at dinner Brady took his cup and kind of suctioned it around his mouth/face and was sucking in - basically making farting noises.  I looked at him with this serious face, but then Parker started laughing and Ryder started laughing - and I am talking full on belly laughs.  Parker couldn't even catch his breath he was laughing so hard.  As bad as it is, I joined them.  It was such a joyful moment that I even had to take a picture - which I am sure reinforced this "bad" behavior even more.  Oops!
                                                  

8. You have an entire day off from responsibilities, but you can't spend any money. What does your free dream day look like?
Oh my gosh - I would lay in a hammock and read books, all day long!   (and it would be sunny and warm)

9. If you had $1 million to give to charity, what cause would you give it to?
That is a tough one.  I have had this conversation with God several times actually.  I always tell him that if he could just help me win the lottery, I would totally give some to charity.  But I haven't been very specific.  Maybe that is my problem.  There are so many good ones out there.  I am sure I would split it up.  There is a great local charity Children's Cancer Association (CCA), they do amazing things.  Also some to UCP of course, and then probably and animal rescue charity of some sort.

10. What is a picture that you wish you had? Either a moment in time that wasn't captured, a picture of a person passed or a place in the world? Anything you would like an image of.
This is such a good but tough question.  It is the last one I answered and took me days to think about.  I feel like I should say something very profound and meaningful.  But I can't think of anything huge.  What I do wish I had a picture of, however, just happened this weekend.  We were outside working in the yard.  Parker was laying on his tummy on mats that we had put in the yard, and Brady was doing various projects "helping" us.  He found a pile of wood scraps from building our deck that he was so excited about.  He grabbed a piece and ran over to Parker, layed down on his tummy right in front of him and held the wood out to him.  He was talking to him and taking Parker's hand and having him touch the wood.  It was the sweetest thing I have seen Brady do with his brother.  I grabbed for my cell phone to get a picture, but I couldn't get it in time.  It was such a sweet moment. 

11. Would you rather have a blanket made of the softest material imaginable with a stone bed or a rough, scratchy blanket with a gloriously soft and cushy bed?
I would for sure want a soft blanket.  It would be so soft and fluffy that I could put it under me as well.  I am a blanket person.


Don't forget to check out my other blog friends who I tagged! 

 Bloggers that I have tagged:

 http://doublethelove16.blogspot.com
http://www.brycemoline.com/
http://aboutthesmallstuff.blogspot.com/
http://www.motherofatoddlerandtriplets.blogspot.com/
http://jumpinforjames.blogspot.com/
http://cjengo.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading. I love your comments!